November 17 is Block of the Month time again–On Saturday the shop will again be humming with Chocolate excitement as many of you come to get your blocks and be instructed in how to continue to build Chocolate Bliss.
Chocolate Pie, Yum! (This isn’t just random, that is one of the blocks)
Here is a recipe from www.allrecipes.com to keep you company until Saturday:
Chocolate Dream Pie
- 1 (9 inch) pie crust, baked
- 3 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1 (.25 ounce) package unflavored gelatin
- 5 egg whites
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Place chocolate squares in a small, microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high 2 minutes. Set aside. Sprinkle gelatin over boiling water and set aside to soften.
- In a large glass or metal bowl, beat egg whites until soft mounds form. Gradually add sugar, continuing to beat until whites are stiff and glossy. Beat in corn syrup and vanilla extract. Gently mix in chocolate and gelatin mixture.
- Pour mixture into pastry shell. Chill at least 2 hours before serving. Garnish with whipped cream and chocolate sprinkles if desired.
See you Saturday!