Fabric for the new year is arriving in boxes and boxes of beauty.
Some of it is already unloaded, like “Creekside” flannel by Moda
and “Timber” by Windham fabrics
But, there are more boxes arriving daily waiting to be unpacked.
Come by and see all the new stuff on the shelves, or call and see if we have what you want. We will also post many new collections as they arrive for your viewing pleasure.
Special note: We have a growing selection of Batiks. Here is some, ready cut into fat quarters, perfect for small projects on as an accent in a larger piece.
Now, while we debate on what we should do with all of OUR fabric, here are a few suggestions of what you can do with all of YOUR fabric:
1) Fold it larger and put it evenly under the mattress – you can get a hundred yards under there!
(There’s no chance hubby will find it – how often does he make the bed? )
2) You can also fold some and put it under each chair and sofa cushion .
3) Hang a yard on a coat hanger, then cover it with a piece of clothing –100 coat hangers/100yds of fabric! 3 closets + 300 yards!
4) Get a large trash can, remove the cover and have someone cut a round piece of plywood out for you. Put stash in trash can, put on wooden cover, place a pretty, 70″ round tablecloth (or sew two 2 yard pieces together lengthwise and “pretend” its a tablecloth) With a beautiful lamp on top, who’s to know it’s full of fabric? (A good way to hide the ironing, too!)
5) If you have a space under the bed, buy some of the flatter Rubbermaid tubs and fill them.
When you’ve bought more fabric than you can store in these five ways, you just aren’t sewing enough!!!
(Can’t take credit for these ideas–just a little something found floating around on the internet–hope it made you SMILE!)