and shop hop time…and recipe time…and generally a good time to stop by the shop.
Don’t forget to come by on Saturday and get your blocks for this month. We are on the downhill slide and looking forward to seeing your finished quilts soon.
It will be a busy day, but all the more fun for that.
Yep, we might be going a little bananas, but you might enjoy the results.
Banana Cake Cookies!
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed bananas
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 3 cups sifted confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- Cream shortening; add brown sugar, beating well. Add eggs and banana; beat well.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and spices. Add to creamed mixture; mix well. Stir in pecans.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls, 2 inches apart onto greased cookies sheets. Bake for 12 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool. Dip half of cooled cookies into Powdered Sugar Icing.
- To Make Icing: Combine 3 cups confectioner’s sugar, 1 tablespoon melted butter or margarine, and 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract. Add milk to yield desired consistency (you may need to add a little extra), beating until smooth
*****Don’t forget to enter our Moda giveaway. Just scroll down a few posts and throw your name into the hat*****